These homemade Oreo cookies are soft and delicious. They are not exactly like Oreo cookies, but I think they’re even better. :) Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 335° F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salts. (Fluff up or sift your flour unless you want very dense cookies!)
- Combine melted butter and sugar in a separate bowl. Add egg.
- Add dry mixture 1/3 at a time. (If you don’t have a stand mixer, you may need put in some elbow grease for this last part as the dough is very stiff.)
- Roll out grape-sized balls of dough.
- Coat the bottom of a cup with sugar and smoosh the balls of dough so that they are a bit thicker than an oreo cookie.
- Bake cookies for 6-7 minutes on parchment paper. Watch closely! You don’t want them to dry out! When you first pull them out of the oven, they should be really floppy and impossible to move with a spatula. Let them cool for a couple of minutes and they will firm up, but still be nice and soft.
- While the cookies are baking, whip up the filling. Put in a sandwich bag and cut off the tip so you can pipe the frosting on the cookies easily.
|– Cookie –
||– Filling –
I made a couple changes to this recipe: http://snapguide.com/guides/make-homemade-oreo-cookies-1/