Here’s a dish that K and I recently included in an Italian-themed dinner we put together with some friends. I love it because it’s healthy and really really easy for how “pretty” it looks. It’s also really delicious and refreshing – especially if you’ve got home-grown tomatoes. I just use salt and basil to bring out the flavor. My dad used to always salt tomatoes when I was growing up. I thought it was really weird. In this case, I don’t think it’s weird. It’s delicious. But he also salts watermelon. That one is definitely weird. I put my foot down there. :)
- fresh tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella
- Slice & salt tomatoes.
- Slice mozzarella.
- Arrange on plate.
- Sprinkle basil on top.
44 calories per piece
(assuming you’ve got 1/2” slices of tomato with 0.5 oz of mozzarella)
- mushroom caprese salad (peacelovequinoa.com)
- Recipe- Caprese Snack Wrap (sweetcats01.wordpress.com)
- Oh Caprese! (scrapbookladypages.com)
- Grilled Caprese Salad (emilyalwayscooks.com)
- Easy can be tasty. (spotonfood.wordpress.com)