So… my banana bread kick is obviously not over yet. I had some leftover raspberry pie filling from the lemon cake and thought why not put that in banana bread!? Genius! It turned out so so good. And I bet you could use other pie fillings and really have fun with this recipe. I made a chocolate loaf and regular loaf and put in raspberry pie filling and white chocolate chips in both. Delicious!! I made them both at the same time so I could compare them side by side. I have to say that although they were both delicious, the chocolate loaf won out – and disappeared faster. It was almost brownie-like, not in chewiness, but in moistness and richness. Don’t those loaves look gorgeous??
I bet it would be really good to try cherry pie filling + dark chocolate chunks, apple pie filling + caramel chunks/peanut butter chips, blueberry pie filling + white chocolate chips, etc., etc. Please feel free to post any variations you try in the comments! I’d love to hear about them!
Ingredients: (yield – 1 loaf)
Wet Ingredients –
1 ripe banana
1 t vanilla
½ can pie filling (I used raspberry)
Blondie Loaf Only –
½ t lemon extract (or 1 t lemon juice)
Dry Ingredients –
1 ½ c flour
1 T baking powder
½ t baking soda
¼ t salt
½ c white sugar
½ c brown sugar
1 c chocolate chips (I used white chocolate)
Chocolate Loaf Only –
1/3 c cocoa powder
Blondie Loaf Only –
¾ t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour.
- Mash banana; combine with all wet ingredients in bowl.
- Combine all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Combine both bowls.
Bake for about 50 minutes. (You can check with a toothpick, but remember that the pie filling is going to remain a liquid.)
~180 calories per slice (1/18 of loaf)
- Lemon Blueberry Peach Loaf Cake (anneliesez.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Blueberry Banana Bread (anneliesez.wordpress.com)
- Moist Applesauce Chiquita Banana Loaf Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- Best Chiquita Banana Bread Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- Banana Loaf with Raspberry Coconut Whipped Cream (thelushscoop.com)
- Skinny Raspberry Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (homeaptitude.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (baking.answers.com)
- Gluten Free Banana Raspberry Bread with Oatmeal and Dark Chocolate (greensmoothiewithasideofries.wordpress.com)