This recipe is a keeper. The banana bread disappeared really fast! I think it’s so good because it’s got oats in it. It makes for a really good, grainy texture. Maybe “grainy” isn’t a good word. Maybe grainy implies that there are hard “seed-like” chunks in there, which is not the case at all! It is very soft and moist and hearty and wholesome. I will definitely be making this again!
Blueberry Banana Bread
1 cup blueberries
2. Grease and flour 9×5 loaf pan.
3. Mix blueberries and 4 TBSP flour in small/medium sized bowl. Make sure blueberries are coated.
4. Add oats, the rest of the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
5. In stand mixer, cream together vanilla, applesauce, and both sugars.
6. Add eggs one at a time.
7. Add mashed banana.
8. Combine blueberry mixture with liquid mixture and mix together until just moistened.
9. Bake for 50-55 minutes.